Friday, August 31, 2012

Sweet Cuppin' Cakes! An Award!

     I don't often get comments on my blog, so when I do I sort of flip out. "What!? Someone reads this stuff?!? Who are they and who do they work for? IS IT THE FEDS?" Paranoia sets in and I try to figure out who they are. Most of the time, it's someone I know personally. Sometimes though... it's someone I've never heard of before...

A giant award! Maybe it's friendly!
      Then I look at the post title and think, "Is this some sort of chain letter/award/thingy? Am I going to die if I don't resend it?" The paranoia grows stronger and I rush to grab my Klingon Daqtagh from the shelf beside me and start checking the doors and windows to make sure they're closed and locked. Then the paranoia begins to subside and I actually read the comment. Most of the time, they're:

"Lovely review. You're garbage and I despise you for it. Have a nice day." 

     I don't know whether I'm happier that someone commented or happier that they used correct grammar to do so. So what if it's a scathing remark... it's got style. Then I get this one:

"Goongala's Grumbles, I nominated you for an award!"

     So, here's looking at you, Cary, a fellow gamer and blogger. I'm sorry to say that before now, I had actually never heard of your blog, Recollections of Play. Of course, now that I have seen your blog, I can say that I like what I see. If you, dear reader, like witty video game stories, then you should head on over to her blog and check it out. Also, thank you for the award! Now to celebrate the victory of getting...

Hold it right there, Goongala!
     Wait, what? There are rules? RULES? I have to do work in order to accept the reward? And if I don't do all of them, I can't have it? WHAT KIND OF REWARD IS THIS?! Well... okay.

     The rules are as follows:
        - One, thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
        - Two, share 7 things about yourself.
        - Three, nominate 15 bloggers you admire.
        - Four, leave a comment on each of these blogs letting them know they've been nominated.

One, done. Whew, one down, four to go. I'm tired just thinking about it...

Two, Seven things about me? Are these supposed to be personal things? Hmm...
1. During 11th grade, I attended a technical college for "Automotive Collision Repair". When I was asked by the teacher, "If I could have any vehicle I wanted, what would it be?"; I replied, "A tank". This earned me the nickname "Tank" for the rest of the year, and I even had it embroidered on my uniforms in place of my name.

2. I have a plush Snorlax, which is my favorite plush toy on my shelf. I love it even more than my Link and Mario plush toys. Coincidentally, Snorlax is my favorite Pokemon... and probably the one I look most like.

See? Isn't he awesome?
3. Despite calling myself an avid gamer, I have never once played any of the Final Fantasy games, even though those are usually considered "required playing" for gamers. I've also never actually played through any Mario games or Legend of Zelda games (although I've come close).

4. My favorite movie villain of all time is Darth Vader. I even have a shrine with dozens of action figures, bobble heads, and various other toys in it... all of Darth Vader.

 5. I can sing Okkusenman in it's entirety... in Japanese.

6. On numerous occasions, I have marathoned whole games at my friends house in one sitting. He has a PS3 and I don't, so I end up going over to his house and playing all the PS3 exclusives. I've played Uncharted 2, Batman: Arkham CityKillzone 2 and Killzone 3, and Fall of Cybertron to name a few, each game completed in one sitting. Yeah, Arkham City was rough... One time, while we were on a trip to Washington D.C., we hooked his PS3 up to the hotel's television and I played through Singularity and Heavy Rain, back to back, in one sitting. I personally didn't leave the hotel room at all the whole day, and yet I still consider it a win.

7. I like to draw, and as soon as I can get a scanner I intend to upload some drawings to teh interwebs.

An intense battle between a Dolphin with an AK-47 and a Narwhal with an M249 SAW...
     So, that wraps up number two. Onwards and upwards I always say... okay, I've never actually said that. Moving right along to number three, which is...

UH OH.

     "Nominate 15 bloggers you admire." Fifteen. To be completely honest, I don't really follow that many blogs (I'm usually too busy writing, playing video games, or watching Youtube videos, anime, TV, or movies), but I'll throw out the few that I do:

And I'll go ahead and give a throwback to Recollections of Play

     And that's pretty much it. I don't have a lot of time for reading blog posts, but I make an exception for these. Can I still have the award? Please? Anyhoo, I'd like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my sometimes nonsensical ramblings and I hope I can keep you entertained for years to come. I'd also like to thank Recollections of Play again for nominating me. And just for fun, have a Minecraft Youtube video:


(Picture sources: 1. All other pictures were captured or created by me.)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry if I made things awkward. I've been an all too silent follower for awhile now. I really liked the videos you did of Ocarina of Time - they brought back so many memories. I'll try to be less stalkerish in the future. (I love the way you accepted this award, by the way - this is a great post!) And frankly, I'm amazed that you got through Uncharted 2 and Arkham City in one sitting! That is what they call dedication to the cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not awkward at all! Really, I'm just glad someone gets a kick out of the things I write and do. If I can make one person happy with every post, I feel like I've done my job. You keep right on stalking if you want to. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete