Monday, June 6, 2011

Link: Pokemon Master...

     Yep, another mash-up of some classic retro games. Enjoy:
















<< PREVIOUS     ARCHIVE     NEXT >>

     Now before you start going all, "Oh, Goongala! How could you kill off poor, little Pikachu!", I will say that, yes, I do like Pikachu. He just happens to be one of the most recognizable Pokemon out there. Now that we have that cleared up...

     The first time I stepped into the "tall grass" I thought, "Oh, boy. I'm gonna be ganked by a Rattata or some such thing." I remember playing the original Pokemon: Red, and I also bought the Fire Red version (my sister decided to play "throw-the-brand-new-video-game-up-against-the-wall" with the original Red, then laughed at my misfortune as I planned my revenge...). In the Pokemon games, if you walk through the grass, you're asking to be jumped. Whether it's a random encounter from some master-less Pokemon, or being mugged by some other trainer trying to make a name for themselves (which would be nice considering THEY'RE ALL CALLED "BUG CATCHER"), you will be ambushed without mercy. I thought, "You know, I wonder what would happen if Link ever ran into a Pokemon?" Well, now we know... Hope the "intense graphical nature" didn't scare you...

(Legend of Zelda sprites courtesy of Xander and Zelda Shrine. Pikachu sprites courtesy of... HERE. Backgrounds courtesy of my hard work, sweat, and Google magic. Characters courtesy of Nintendo... Did I miss anything?)

No comments:

Post a Comment