Friday, January 4, 2013

What are these... Resolutions?

     So! It's the beginning of the year again, and you know what that means... "I will get in shape and go outside for long walks and-" WHOA THERE! I try to make reasonable resolutions. I'm in shape... round is a shape. And going outside? HA! Do you know how pasty white I am? The sun would roast me alive!


     Instead, my resolutions will be mostly simple. Hopefully I don't fail like last year...

1. Read A Book
     Wow. After writing that, I realize how absurdly simple that sounds. But, seeing as how I don't really read books, this seems like it would be a good thing to do.

2. Read Through Fullmetal Alchemist
     I have recently acquired the last tankobon (collection of chapters) of the Fullmetal Alchemist manga, so now I have no reason not to read it.

You mean... you say it's your favorite when you haven't even read the manga? SOME OTAKU YOU ARE!
3. Finish, and Publish, My Book
     I had this resolution last year, and I obviously failed it. But the end is within sight! I will hopefully have it out by March.

4. 100 Posts
     Adding yet another failed resolution from last year, I want to do 100 more posts for the blog. Not pointless posts, mind you. I hope to put a lot more effort and feeling into the posts than I did last year.

I CAN FIX IT!
5. OTAKON
     I call myself an otaku, yet I've never been to an anime convention. Otakon takes place in early August in Baltimore, Maryland. That's long enough away to allow me to save up for it, while Baltimore is close enough to make the trip feasible. I've already decided to go, so it's not that much of a resolution... OH WELL.

6. Be Open About My Otakuness and Geekiness in General
     "What kind of music do you listen to?" someone asks when I complain about the music on the radio. "Uh... umm..." is my response. I listen to a lot of movie and video game soundtracks, as well as a lot of Japanese and anime music. While I usually tell them about the movie and video game soundtracks, I tend to skip over the Japanese and anime music. I plan to not do that anymore. If you ask me what my hobbies are, you're going to get the full spiel. There's no reason to hide it, and so I'm not going to anymore.

His geekiness level... IT'S OVER 9000!
     2011 was the year I decided to up my "gaming", while this year seems to be the year to up my "otakuness". Most of these aren't really resolutions, but... WHATEVER. Here's to another year of anime, games, and general geekiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment