Thursday, June 2, 2011

What Does This Thing Do?

     I came up with another idea for a comic, this time a little longer than the other one. It merges two of the Zelda games together... Although, I think that's kind of obvious.














<< PREVIOUS     ARCHIVE     NEXT >>

     EDIT: I modified the explosions to look more like "poofs". Thought they looked better this way...

     Before I found the ocarina (a.k.a. "flute") in A Link to the Past, I thought that the iconic instrument had only been a part of The Ocarina of Time. After digging it up, I wondered the same thing Link (in the comic above) did: "What in the world do I use this for?" This game isn't really music based like its successors (OoT and Windwaker). I thought it would be hilariously annoying if the flute summoned Navi, who followed you around yelling, "HEY! LISTEN!", while you desperately try to find a way to get rid of... Her? It? I don't really know what Navi was... Of course, all it actually does is call some bird to grab you and fly you all over the place. "Fast travel" circa 1992.

     So, I still don't know if this will be a thing or not. I do like making them though, so I'll probably put more up as the jokes come to me. Tell me what you think!

(Sprites courtesy of Xander and Zelda Shrine. Backgrounds courtesy of my hard work and sweat. Characters courtesy of Nintendo... Did I miss anything?)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I think it was a duck or something.... I tried to arm my NES Zapper so the dog wouldn't laugh at me, but nothing happened. Actually, you also see the Ocarina in Link's Awakening. It gives you some sort of a warp in ALttP but I didn't use it much. I like the touch with Navi though.

    ReplyDelete